Polar Class (Class 3)
The class teacher, Mr Pearson is assisted by Miss Exley and Miss Tulley.
Polar Class is a mixed age class of Year 3 and Year 4 children.
- Children complete an early morning task when they arrive at school to reinforce previous learning
- Mornings generally consist of Reading Fluency, Mathematics and then English.
PE kit is needed on a Wednesday and Thursday afternoon
Spellings are tested on a Friday morning
IXL access is provided as Homework activities linked to class work
- Polar Class work as a whole class every morning and on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
- Science, History, Geography and RE are generally taught on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
- On Friday afternoon we focus on teaching Personal Development which includes PSHCE, University of Bradley and our whole school Celebration Assembly.
Year Group Teaching
- We find opportunities for our children to also work in their Year Groups during the week.
- On Monday afternoons the Year 3 and Year 4 children are taught as separate Year Groups for Music and Art / DT.
- On Thursday afternoons the Year 3 and Year 4 children are taught as separate Year Groups for Computing and Physical Education.
Termly Curriculum Newsletters
End of Half Term Curriculum Newsletters