Ocean Class (Class 1)
Ocean Class 1 is taught by Mrs Briscoe (Monday - Thursday)
and Mrs Daniell (Friday).
Mrs Harrison and Mrs Daniell also work with the children as Teaching Assistants to support the class.
The class is a mixed group of Early Years Reception and Year 1 children.
- The children arrive, hang their coat up on their peg and put their book bags in the book bag boxes.
- An early morning reading or drawing task is provided when the children enter the classroom.
- The register is taken at 9.00am.
- Morning break is held with Rainforest Class 2 and fruit snack and milk are provided.
- The children eat their lunch in the school Hall with other class groups and play outside.
- The classroom is set up as an Early Years and Year 1 free flow learning environment.
- We follow the Little Wandle Phonics programme
- Our practical teaching and learning experiences provide daily opportunities to learn in context
Year Group Teaching
- We find opportunities for our children to also work in their Year Groups during the week.
- Children will work as Year Groups for their daily Phonics lesson
- The Early Years Reception children and Year 1 children are taught their year group curriculum content,
End of Half Term Curriculum Newsletters