BRADLEYS BOTH JOINS YORKSHIRE COLLABORATIVE ACADEMY TRUST
The children, staff and governors at Bradleys Both Community Primary School are excited to join the five existing YCAT schools: Askwith Primary School, Bilton Grange Primary School, Hawes Primary School, Leyburn Primary School and Lothersdale Primary School. We are looking forward to sharing and collaborating as the newest sixth member of the Academy Trust.
YORKSHIRE COLLABORATIVE ACADEMY TRUST(link is external) (YCAT) IS A MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST SPECIALISING IN PRIMARY EDUCATION.
"Working and learning together to improve children's lives"
Authentic collaboration is central to our ethos. Everyone in our Trust is part of a dynamic, self-improving learning community that nurtures, supports and challenges children and adults to become confident, life-long learners who achieve their full potential.
YCAT schools are encouraged to retain their unique characteristics and use their autonomy to further develop their values and ethos so they continue to maintain strong links with their local community.
- Challenge and support will be provided for each individual school by the Trustees and the School Improvement Leadership Group (SILG) to enable schools to take ownership for their own learning journey.
- Collaborative reviews are undertaken to help to support schools' improvement and development.
- Agreed bespoke support is provided to all our schools.
- YCAT partnership works with both converter and sponsored academies.
YCAT support to schools particularly focuses on:
- Ensuring schools provide a well-designed curriculum that systematically builds knowledge across all subjects and ensures pupils know more and remember more as they move through each school year. This is supported by integrated planning of recall and assessments to help pupils embed knowledge in their long term memory.
- Evaluating the impact of each school’s curriculum on pupil’s learning and outcomes
- True collaborative learning that is evidence based.
- Valuing all our staff by providing CPD that effectively meets their professional needs and promotes the importance of their mental health and work-life balance.
- Encouraging leaders and teachers to explore ways to share best practice across our multi-academy trust.